Mother's Day Luxury Handmade Letterbox Gifts - Wax Melts
Obviously our mums, grandmas, mother-in-laws, stepmums and godmothers should be cherished every single day of the year, but with Mother's Day just around the corner it's time to really push the boat out in expressing your gratitude for her existence.
Whether you're missing not being able to see her in person for a big hug, or you’re lucky enough to spend some precious time together, let her know how special she is with a thoughtful, handmade gift, and help her to enjoy the special day she deserves. And an exclusive Flo scent from our fragrance library is guaranteed to make her heart smile with joy.
Remember when you buy from our Mother’s Day collection, we strongly recommend ordering before 22 March, 2022 by 5pm. Don’t worry if you miss the postal deadline, you can always visit us at the fabulous Altrincham Market
Handmade Aromatherapy soy wax melts and scented soy wax candles - The power of fragrance
“Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like a fragrance.” Christopher Poindexter
Did you know? The sense of smell is very closely linked with memories, some suggest the psychology of scent is more so than any of our other five senses of touch, taste, sight and hearing. Those blessed with full olfactory function may be able to identify specific memories associated with our relax blend, many people recall spa breaks with friends and family, or simply a relaxing evening in with a hot bath, candlelight and, of course, a glass of wine.
Here at Flo, we believe in the power of scent and smell and associated positive emotions, relaxation and unwinding. We have spent many years creating, refining and testing different scents, you can buy the whole range for just £7 in our Scent Discovery gift set or treat her to our collection of calming oils for £30. All with a free personalised message and our signature gift wrap.
- Energise - Our popular scent blend includes fresh orange and floral geranium. This combination produces uplifting and energising properties, and is known to help relieve stress and headaches.
- Happiness - Brings a beautiful fresh floral scent; a combination which not only smells amazing but will bring you a sense of verve and joy.
- Zest - The vitalising citrus scent is the result of a carefully selected blend of pure essential oils including refreshing lemongrass, crisp lime and tangy grapefruit.
- Uplifting - This is an amalgamation of oil which exude a beautifully fresh floral scent.
- Embrace - This synthesis includes clary sage, lavender which relax; bringing warmth and balance and the flowery fragrance of ylang ylang.
- Relax - This floral union has been crafted in order to relieve the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- Serenity - Includes geranium - ideal for alleviating stress, lavender to promote tranquility, and the soothing queen of essential oils, rose, allowing you to relax and unwind.
Luxury Letterbox Gifts - Free Signature Wrapping
You can't buy our Flo Mother's Day luxury letterbox gifts anywhere else, and to those who mean the most to you, a specially selected scented letterbox gift will be hand wrapped in our complimentary signature wrapping.
We also offer a free personalised message option, just leave us a note when you pay for your order.
Hints and tips for a truly special Mother's day
Read on for our best ideas on how to really spoil Mum for the day, or even the weekend. Pamper your Mum with handmade luxury candles, scented wax melts to provide her a home spa experience to remember.
“Scents can have positive effects on mood, stress reduction, sleep enhancement, self-confidence, and physical and cognitive performance.” Theresa Molnar, executive director of the Sense of Smell Institute
- Give her the gift of wellbeing: Fill their home with a beautifully calming or uplifting natural fragrance to enjoy in an aroma diffuser or from our bespoke range of handcrafted scented candles or soy wax melts or reed diffusers. Our handmade Mother’s Day gifts have been created to help people, discover or renew their love of aromatherapy and the amazing benefits and beautiful natural fragrance of pure essential oils.
- Deliver a handwritten note: In a time of social media and WhatsApp family chat, we sometimes forget to share the important stuff. A thoughtful, personal message will make her day. If you would like to include a handwritten note and take advantage of our free gift wrapping service when you order from us, just let us know.
- Make a scrumptious brunch - and do the washing up! Delicious magazine has some great ideas, from simple recipes the kids can get involved with to restaurant-worthy treats. If you’re not able to brunch together, our good friends from Altrincham Market Lovingly Artisan bakery deliver breakfast in bed nationally.
- Get outdoors together: Embrace spring and blow away the cobwebs. Let's face it, the weather hasn’t been great, but spring is just around the corner, in fact this year, Mother's day coincides with the clocks going back. So head outdoors and enjoy all nature has to offer, even a gentle stroll is great for your physical and mental wellbeing. Stop off for afternoon tea before heading home for a spa afternoon.
- Have a spa day - at home You can create a relaxing afternoon, with a couple of our favourite essential oil blends and a handful of simple ingredients. Get ready to sit back, relax and laugh, and make cherished memories from the comfort of your own home.
Handmade Luxury Wax Melts UK Artisan Letterbox Candle Gifts Handmade Aromatherapy Essential Oil Blends Scented Votive Candles - Discover more
Setting the scene: Start as you mean to go on by creating and embracing the spa ambience. Go offline (obviously not if you are having a virtual spa day!), light the candles or add relaxing oils to your aroma diffuser. What the heck, do both! Now switch on some relaxing music or you can’t go wrong with some 80s hits! Stay hydrated with some fizz or green tea. If you would like more hints and tips on creating a calm space check out our Creating a Calming Space at Home blog post.
Pamper your hands and feet: Regular hand washing and hand sanitizer means that, for many of us, our skin and nails have seen better days and need a little TLC. We have a couple of simple natural recipes to treat and nourish both your hands and feet.
Safety first:- It is always important, whenever you are making your own skin care products, to do a patch test for allergies or irritation, and avoid sensitive areas or broken skin. If you are pregnant or have underlying health conditions seek medical advice before using essential oils.
Homemade Recipe For Sweet Smelling Feet and Toes
Fabulous feet: This uplifting scrub will have you chilled out and your feet summer ready at the same time. This is a simple yet luxurious recipe.
You will need:
A small bowl and glass jar (this recipe makes enough for a few treatments)
200g of Epsom salt
20g of sodium bicarbonate
10g of solid coconut oil
Instructions: In a small bowl, simply blend all the ingredients, leave enough for this treatment and place the rest into a glass jar. Get a bowl of warm water and soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes. Pat dry your feet and gently massage into your feet and ankles, leave for a couple of minutes to absorb. Once finished rinse off in warm water, and gently towel dry and then apply your favourite foot cream.
To pamper your hands: A light, nourishing oaty scrub to increase circulation, smooth skin and rejuvenate.
You will need:
A small bowl
1 tablespoon of finely ground oats or oatmeal
2 teaspoons of caster sugar
2 teaspoons of almond or coconut oil (or other blending oils such as jojoba or wheat germ if you have them in your cupboard
Instructions: In a small bowl, blend the essential oil with the blending oil and mix together with the oats and sugar. First, clean and pat dry your arms and hands, then gently massage into your hands, lower arms and elbows, leave for a couple of minutes to absorb. Once finished, rinse off in warm water, gently towel dry and apply your favourite hand cream.
Visit us at Altrincham Market
The home of flo and the best artisan and independent retailers. Here you can enjoy spending time selecting the perfect gift with us. What the heck, why not make a day of it and bring your Mum here to enjoy a spot of lunch and a glass of fizz or two.
So, If you haven't yet decided how to treat the Mum in your life this Mother’s Day, we hope this post has given you a few ideas.
Obviously we're not suggesting that you can buy your Mother’s love with a gift from Flo, but you'll be well on your way to being their favourite...
We are very proud to have been recognised as vegan and awarded beauty without cruelty status by PETA.