Mother's Day Luxury Handmade Letterbox Gifts - Wax Melts
Pamper your Mum with handmade luxury candles, scented wax melts to provide her a home spa experience to remember.
Remember when you buy from our Mother’s Day collection, we strongly recommend ordering before 9th March, 2021 by 5pm.
Did you know? The sense of smell is very closely linked with memories, some suggest the phsycology of scent is more so than any of our other five senses of touch, taste, sight and hearing. Those blessed with full olfactory function may be able to identify specific memories associated with our relax blend, many people recall spa breaks with friends and family, or simply a relaxing evening in with a hot bath, candlelight and, of course, a glass of wine.
Here at Flo, we believe in the power of scent and smell and associated positive emotions, relaxation and unwinding. We have spent many years creating, refining and testing different scents, you can buy the whole range for just £15 in our Scent Discovery gift set with free personalised message and our signature gift wrap.
Luxury Letterbox Gifts - Free Signature Wrapping
You can't buy our Flo Mother's Day luxury letterbox gifts anywhere else, and to those who mean the most to you, a specially selected scented letterbox gift will be hand wrapped in our complimentary Siganture Wrapping.
We also offer a free personalised message option, just leave us a note when you pay for your order.
We all know that Mother's Day is just around the corner, and it’s going to look very different again this year for many of us, consider buying an exclusive Flo scent from our fragrance library.
Whether you are missing not being able to see your Mum in person for a big hug, or you’ve found yourself back home in your childhood bedroom spending lots of time together, let them know how special they are with a handmade gift, and help them to enjoy the special day they deserve.
Wax Melts and Scents for your Mum on 14th March 2021
Read on for our best ideas on how to really spoil the Mum in your life.
"Scents can have positive effects on mood, stress reduction, sleep enhancement, self-confidence, and physical and cognitive performance."
Theresa Molnar, executive director of the Sense of Smell Institute
- Give her the gift of well being: Fill their home with a beautifully calming or uplifting natural fragrance to enjoy in an aroma diffuser or from our bespoke range of handcrafted scented candles or soy wax melts or reed diffusers. Our handmade Mother’s Day gifts have been created to help people, discover or renew their love of aromatherapy and the amazing benefits and beautiful natural fragrance of pure essential oils.
- Deliver a handwritten note In a time of Zoom and WhatsApp groups we sometimes forget to share the important stuff. A thoughtful, personal message will make her day. If you would like to include a handwritten note and take advantage of our free gift wrapping service when you order from us, just let us know.
- Make a scrumptious brunch - and do the washing up! Delicious magazine has some great ideas, from simple recipes the kids can get involved with to restaurant-worthy treats. If you’re not able to brunch together, our good friends from Altrincham Market Lovingly Artisan bakery deliver breakfast in bed nationally.
- Get outdoors together Embrace spring and blow away the cobwebs. With current restrictions (update if restrictions change) and well, let's face it, the weather hasn’t been great, we are spending more time indoors. But spring is just around the corner, and all the evidence points to fresh air and even a gentle stroll being great for both our physical and mental wellbeing.
- Have a spa day - at home You can create a relaxing afternoon, with a couple of our favourite essential oil blends and a handful of simple ingredients. Get ready to sit back, relax and laugh, and make cherished memories from the comfort of your own home.
Handmade Wax Melts, Artisan Candles and Exclusive Aromas
Setting the scene: Start as you mean to go on by creating and embracing the spa ambience. Go offline (obviously not if you are having a virtual spa day!), light the candles or add relaxing oils to your aroma diffuser. What the heck, do both! Now switch on some relaxing music or you can’t go wrong with some 80s hits! Stay hydrated with some fizz or green tea. If you would like more hints and tips on creating a calm space check out our Creating a Calming Space at Home blog post.
Pamper your hands and feet: Regular hand washing and hand sanitizer means that, for many of us, our skin and nails have seen better days and need a little TLC. We have a couple of simple natural recipes to treat and nourish both your hands and feet.
Safety first:- It is always important, whenever you are making your own skin care products, to do a patch test for allergies or irritation, and avoid sensitive areas or broken skin. If you are pregnant or have underlying health conditions seek medical advice before using essential oils.
Homemade Recipe For Sweet Smelling Feet and Toes
Fabulous feet: This uplifting scrub will have you chilled out and your feet summer ready at the same time. This is a simple yet luxurious recipe.
You will need:
- A small bowl and glass jar (this recipe makes enough for a few treatments)
- 200g of Epsom salt
- 20g of sodium bicarbonate
- 10g of solid coconut oil
- 5 or 6 drops of our Zest or Uplifting oil or an essential oil you already have at home.
Instructions: In a small bowl, simply blend all the ingredients, leave enough for this treatment and place the rest into a glass jar. Get a bowl of warm water and soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes. Pat dry your feet and gently massage into your feet and ankles, leave for a couple of minutes to absorb. Once finished rinse off in warm water, and gently towel dry and then apply your favourite foot cream.
You will need:
- A small bowl
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground oats or oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of almond or coconut oil (or other blending oils such as jojoba or wheatgerm if you have them in your cupboard
- 5 drops of Relax or Energise oils
Instructions: In a small bowl, blend the essential oil with the blending oil and mix together with the oats and sugar. First, clean and pat dry your arms and hands, then gently massage into your hands, lower arms and elbows, leave for a couple of minutes to absorb. Once finished, rinse off in warm water, gently towel dry and apply your favourite hand cream.
So, If you haven't yet decided how to treat the Mum in your life this Mother’s Day, we hope this post has given you a few ideas.
Obviously we're not suggesting that you can buy your Mother’s love with a gift from Flo, but you'll be well on your way to being their favourite...
We are very proud to have been recognised as vegan and awarded beauty without cruelty status by PETA.