Luxury wellbeing gift inspiration for Mother's Day: The perfect way to show your mum you care.
Obviously our mums, grandmas, mother-in-laws, stepmums and godmothers should be cherished every single day of the year, but Mother's Day is a special occasion to honour those women in your life who have supported and nurtured us with unconditional love. With the special day just around the corner, what better way to show your appreciation than with a beautiful wellbeing gift. While flowers and chocolates are always lovely, there's something extra special about giving a well-thought-out gift of wellness, just for them. Whether they would benefit from a gift which will uplift them or bring about peace and relaxation, in this post we'll share some ideas on how to treat those ladies in your life this Mother's Day using only natural goodness.
Remember when you buy from our Mother’s Day collection, we strongly recommend ordering before 14 March. Don’t worry if you miss the postal deadline, you can always visit us at the fabulous Altrincham Market. Find us there on 4th, 18th and 19th March.
Handmade Aromatherapy soy wax melts and scented soy wax candles - The power of fragrance
“Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like a fragrance.” Christopher Poindexter
Here at Flo, we believe in the power of scent and smell and associated positive emotions, relaxation and unwinding. We have spent many years creating and refining our different scents, you can buy the whole range for just £7 in our Scent Discovery gift set or treat her to our collection of calming oils or uplifting oils for £30. You can also enjoy the natural power of these beautiful essential oils in our handmade range of soy wax candles, melts, reed diffusers, and room sprays. All with the option of a free personalised message and our signature gift wrap, plus there’s also free postage on all orders over £30.
- Energise - Our popular scent blend includes fresh orange and floral geranium. This combination produces uplifting and energising properties, and is known to help relieve stress and headaches.
- New - Halcyon - a spicy, warm combination that evokes joyful and serene recollections. This is a contemporary take on the well-known aromatic accord of the chypre scent family. The deep, earthy notes of patchouli and cedar wood are balanced by the spiciness of pink pepper and cardamom in this harmonic blend of essential oils. A slice of lime adds a sensual scent that transports you into the loving embrace of a warm wooded hideaway.
- Zest - The vitalising citrus scent is the result of a carefully selected blend of pure essential oils including refreshing lemongrass, crisp lime and tangy grapefruit.
- Uplifting - This is an amalgamation of oil which exude a beautifully fresh floral scent.
- Relax - This floral union has been crafted in order to relieve the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- Serenity - Includes geranium - ideal for alleviating stress, lavender to promote tranquility, and the soothing queen of essential oils, rose, allowing you to relax and unwind.
We’ve pulled together a wellbeing gift guide and some hints and tips for making a Mother’s day to remember
Read on for our best ideas on how to really spoil mum for the day, or even the weekend.
Mother’s Day wellness gift ideas:
Choose the perfect gift or gift combinations and add a handwritten note to make it truly special.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is a fantastic way to relax and de-stress. “Scents can have positive effects on mood, stress reduction, sleep enhancement, self-confidence, and physical and cognitive performance.” Theresa Molnar, executive director of the Sense of Smell Institute. Fill their home with a beautifully calming or uplifting natural fragrance to enjoy in an aroma diffuser or from our bespoke range of handcrafted scented candles or soy wax melts or reed diffusers. Our handmade Mother’s Day gifts have been created to help people, discover or renew their love of aromatherapy and the amazing benefits and beautiful natural fragrance of pure essential oils.
- Herbal Tea Set: If your mum enjoys a cup of tea, why not give her a herbal tea set? There are many different types of herbal tea available, each with its own unique flavour and health benefits. Chamomile tea, for example, is known for its calming properties, while peppermint tea is great for digestion.
- Yoga or Meditation Class: Yoga and meditation are great ways to calm the mind and body. If your mum hasn't tried yoga or meditation before, or has got out of the habit, why not book her a class? Many yoga studios and meditation centers offer vouchers for beginners, so she doesn't need to worry about not knowing what to do.
- Subscribe to a wellness app or choose a self-care book: There are some great choices out there, from manifesting to the art of happiness, the Independent last year compiled a great list of self care books to give you some ideas. An ideal gift that encourages them to practice self-care on a regular basis, and lots have daily tips for meditation and guides to healthy sleep patterns. I’m a big fan of the Calm app, especially its sleep stories; drifting off the soothing tones of Matthew McConaughey, what’s not to love? (This is not an affiliate link, just a personal recommendation).
- Natural Skincare Products: Natural skincare products are a great way to pamper your mum. Many conventional skincare products contain harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin. Natural products, on the other hand, use ingredients such as plant oils, essential oils, and herbal extracts to nourish and protect the skin. Look for products that are free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, and sulfates.
Include a thoughtful, personal message with your mum’s gift to really make her day. If you buy directly from flo, add a personalised message with your order and we will include a handwritten note for you.
Spend some quality time together this Mother's Day
- Make a scrumptious brunch - and do the washing up! Delicious magazine has some great ideas, from simple recipes the kids can get involved with to restaurant-worthy treats. If you’re not able to brunch together, our good friends from Altrincham Market Lovingly Artisan bakery deliver breakfast in bed nationally.
- Get outdoors together - Embrace spring and blow away the cobwebs. Let's face it, the weather hasn’t exactly been great, but spring is just around the corner and the days are staying lighter for longer, so head outdoors and enjoy all that nature has to offer, even a gentle stroll is great for your physical and mental wellbeing. Stop off for surprise afternoon tea before heading home for a spa afternoon.
- Have a spa day at home - You can create a relaxing afternoon, with a couple of our favourite essential oil blends and a handful of simple ingredients. Get ready to sit back, relax and laugh, and make cherished memories from the comfort of your own home.
Treating your mum to a wellbeing Mother's Day is a wonderful way to show her how much you care. By focusing on activities and gifts that promote relaxation, health, and wellness, you can help your mum to feel appreciated and loved. Remember to customise your gifts and activities to suit your mum's interests and preferences, and to spend quality time together. With these tips, you can make this Mother's Day one to remember.
So, If you haven't yet decided how to treat the mum in your life this Mother’s Day, we hope this post has given you a few ideas.
Obviously we're not suggesting that you can buy your Mother’s love with a gift from Flo, but you'll be well on your way to being their favourite...
We are very proud to have been recognised as vegan and awarded beauty without cruelty status by PETA.